Dundee Wargames Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best place to be for table top based wargaming in Dundee, Scotland! Come along and enjoy a tasty beer while playing your favourite games! 18's and over only!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Army "sizes"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yans Macintyre
Yans Macintyre

Army "sizes" Empty
PostSubject: Army "sizes"   Army "sizes" EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 10:59 pm

Just wondering if we as a club are going to put any limits on army sizes? Like minimum/maximum number of wounds/models?
Not saying we should as army building during deployment seems to be the largest tactical advantage in the game. Just thinking that for some enemies (horde armies) I would take large units whilst against Ogres (or similar) that would be a tactical disadvantage as I would give away a sudden death victory condition or only have 1 unit...

Don't mind taking most of my models every week and just see how it goes but seems it could take a while to deploy and tidy up...
Back to top Go down
Andrew Mactavish
Andrew Mactavish

Army "sizes" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army "sizes"   Army "sizes" EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 11:21 pm

think it's really down to what people want to play. i'm going to stick to the empire detachment till i have got to grips with things so only using about 61 models give or take some artillery if i feel like it. after that well it really depends what i find as a fun number of things to use.
Back to top Go down
Yans Macintyre
Yans Macintyre

Army "sizes" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army "sizes"   Army "sizes" EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 11:44 pm

I had great fun last week with my 17 model dragon ogre army but I could add 3 units and turn it into a 97 model army and still have at least that again sitting on the side lines.
May have just bought too much stuff I guess...
1st world problems and all that.
Back to top Go down
Mathew Coll
Club Official
Club Official
Mathew Coll

Army "sizes" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army "sizes"   Army "sizes" EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 7:26 am

The pack up, tear down thing with armies has always been there. My Orcs and Goblins for example always took longer to deal with than my Chaos. As a club we don't want to tell people this is the game size and this is how to have fun. So talk to your opponent in advance. Yes i could bring my entire greenskins collection but would take the best part of 2 hours just to deploy.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Army "sizes" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army "sizes"   Army "sizes" EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 7:57 am

Age of Sigmar is very much down to the players this time, rather than us setting a "Wounds" or "Scrolls" limit. But, time is of the essence, so I wouldn't go too big and never finish your game.

In the future, I imagine there will be tournament packs organised by some of the big associations down south and indeed across the globe. So, future wise at least, there might be a suggested guideline for running Tournaments at the club. That would be the only time it would be "restricted".

It's more likely however, that we will see actual campaigns taking off at the club to support this competitive desire in us. More on this soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dundeewargames.co.uk
Sponsored content

Army "sizes" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army "sizes"   Army "sizes" Empty

Back to top Go down

Army "sizes"
Page 1 of 1