Dundee Wargames Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best place to be for table top based wargaming in Dundee, Scotland! Come along and enjoy a tasty beer while playing your favourite games! 18's and over only!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deathwatch - New Campaign

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steven Young
Admin
Admin
Steven Young

Deathwatch - New Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Deathwatch - New Campaign   Deathwatch - New Campaign EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 8:12 am

Introduction

In light of a recent vote regarding Role-playing and the discussions linked to it, I have gone ahead and started to plan a combat orientated role-playing game based on the Deathwatch system by Fantasy Flight Games.  The plan is to create an inclusive game for those in and outside of the club.

Plan

The plan is very simple.  Using the Planetary Empires map set, my intention is to create an entire continent upon which there will be many cities and areas of interest including star ports, planetary defences, power stations, etc.  Each combat squad of Deathwatch Marines will be dropped by Drop Pods into player voted areas.  Each area will have its own objectives and lengths of time.  So for example a Team may wish to be dropped near a city in which case they will have to fight to get into the city one night and fight through it the next and then perhaps even move into the labyrinths below for some intense close quarter’s action! 

Once an objective on a tile is secured, then a marker will be placed to indicate victory.  Players must then make their way across the map to secure other local objectives.

Players will pay a contribution to the purchase of Space Marine boxes.  These Space Marines will then be cut up and put into a bits box.  Players will then have the opportunity to build and paint their one character that will represent them on the field!  The bits left over will be carried on into the next Campaign or used to create Pick-Up-And-Play characters.

Now here’s where it gets exciting.  My plan is not only to host a GM’d event at the club nights, but also out with the club.  This means other local Role-players can join together to create Squads who can be dropped into other locations on the map and carry out separate objectives.  This means anything other squads do has an influence on the campaign as a whole.  So as an example, one team may want to take a city that’s heavily protected by automated defences!  Another Squad can drop close to the power station linked to the city and take it out, thus dropping the defences in the other game.  Players can also be sent to assist others if needed!

I understand fully that this will require A LOT of collaboration between groups, but it’s all part of the fun in the end!

References

List of available books.  Those marked in Green are ones owned by me.  Ones in red are books I would like to buy.  

• Deathwatch - Core Rulebook, including a pre-written adventure 
  • The Game Master's Kit - A game master's screen for Deathwatch and a booklet that includes a pre-written adventure, and additional NPCs and antagonists
  • The Emperor Protects - An adventure anthology containing three adventures
  • Rites of Battle - A sourcebook including new character options, advanced specialties such as Chaplain, Chapter creation rules, weapons, armour and vehicle rules
  • Mark of the Xenos - A sourcebook of aliens, heretics, and daemons for use as foes
  • The Achilus Assault - A sourcebook covering the details of the Jericho Reach campaign area, the default setting for the Deathwatch RPG. The book provides extensive information for any Warhammer 40,000 RPG type campaign, leaning toward covering Deathwatch aspects.
  • First Founding - A sourcebook that adds the four remaining First Founding chapters not included in previous Deathwatch books. This book also includes new specialties, solo rules and allows Deathwatch Space Marines to have followers.
  • The Jericho Reach - A supplement that provides information on the Jericho Reach, includes a full adventure
  • Rising Tempest - An adventure in three parts for Deathwatch
  • Honour the Chapter - A supplement that provides information and character creation options for Chapters from the Second and subsequent Foundings
  • The Outer Reach - A supplement detailing the Dead Cabal and Necrons of the Suhbekhar dynasty
  • Ark of Lost Souls - A supplement that provides rules for Space Hulks, includes an adventure set on board an infamous Space Hulk
  • Emperor's Chosen - A supplement that focuses on Deathwatch veterans.

I do however have ALL copies on my Tablet.

Assistance Requested

My experience of Role-playing is very limited.  I do have some experience focused on the combat orintated aspect upon which this would mostly be focused.  If any other GM's or players with experience in Deathwatch would like to help out, I would be grateful for the assistance.  I'm hoping to build up a large story to keep 2 or 3 teams interested.

Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
James Hussey
James Hussey

PostSubject: Re: Deathwatch - New Campaign   Deathwatch - New Campaign EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 3:42 pm

oooh sounds fun, count me in although with my work I might end up missing odd sessions Sad
Back to top Go down
Steve Devine
Steve Devine

PostSubject: Re: Deathwatch - New Campaign   Deathwatch - New Campaign EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 10:38 pm

Same here!
Back to top Go down
Steven Young
Admin
Admin
Steven Young

PostSubject: Re: Deathwatch - New Campaign   Deathwatch - New Campaign EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 11:48 am

Got Rites of Battle for a cheeky price.  A lot better than the ones Amazon are bloody quoting!

Also picked up some 32mm bases for some dynamic looking marines! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mathew Coll
Club Official
Club Official
Mathew Coll

PostSubject: Re: Deathwatch - New Campaign   Deathwatch - New Campaign EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 4:02 pm

You still looking at running this Scuba? May be worth looking to run it outside club time if you are. Could agree one day / night a month hit the pub or get together at someones house and roll some dice.
Back to top Go down
Steven Young
Admin
Admin
Steven Young

PostSubject: Re: Deathwatch - New Campaign   Deathwatch - New Campaign EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 9:21 pm

Thinking maybe Tuesday nights at Highlander Games.

Got a few things I need to do first though
Back to top Go down
Mathew Coll
Club Official
Club Official
Mathew Coll

PostSubject: Re: Deathwatch - New Campaign   Deathwatch - New Campaign EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 8:56 am

Cool i would be up for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deathwatch - New Campaign   Deathwatch - New Campaign Empty

Back to top Go down

Deathwatch - New Campaign
Page 1 of 1