Dundee Wargames Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best place to be for table top based wargaming in Dundee, Scotland! Come along and enjoy a tasty beer while playing your favourite games! 18's and over only!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggested Tournement and Fundraiser Combined - 40k

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shemyaza
Shemyaza

Suggested Tournement and Fundraiser Combined - 40k Empty
PostSubject: Suggested Tournement and Fundraiser Combined - 40k   Suggested Tournement and Fundraiser Combined - 40k EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi all,

Just been pondering with the idea of a 40k straight knock-out tournament ?

Obviously up to committee  and suitable interest and I realize that there is already an existing tag-team event running but........

The initial proposal is as follows:

1 v 1 elimination
1750pts lists Battle Forged Only
Static Army Lists for event (perhaps Secretary would act as SPOC for gathering lists ?)
Limit of 16 or 24 players depending on level of interest (suggest that 15 minimum with one bye available and that more than 16 must reach 24 (or 23 plus bye) or its screws up the tree)
Rounds played 1 week per month (any week available in month to maintain flexibility)
Entry fee £3 per player (not reduced depending on Membership status) and the entry fee total be split 60%-40% between 1st Place and Club Treasurer (not personally !) This would mean that in a 16 person event the winner would receive roughly £29 which would pretty much buy a boxed set from our FLGS and the club would nett £19 towards whatever the committee decided.

Given that all of the above is subject to approval or rejection, any thoughts or takers ?
Back to top Go down
kramanal
kramanal

PostSubject: Re: Suggested Tournement and Fundraiser Combined - 40k   Suggested Tournement and Fundraiser Combined - 40k EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 11:26 am

I think its a good idea, I would be in.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggested Tournement and Fundraiser Combined - 40k   Suggested Tournement and Fundraiser Combined - 40k EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:48 pm

A 40k Tournament is certainly on the cards!

We're looking into a few options at the moment including hosting a all day Sunday event.  

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dundeewargames.co.uk
david michie
david michie

PostSubject: Re: Suggested Tournement and Fundraiser Combined - 40k   Suggested Tournement and Fundraiser Combined - 40k EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 2:32 pm

Hmmm I might be up for this, as I used to tournament in my younger wilder days.

Or I would be up for helping out as I have certain ideas on how to run a tournament smoothly.  I don't like the idea of a straight knockout as that means you cant recover from a bad first game.

All day event sounds good, but you have to be very strict on your times for the games.

Pitfall of most tournaments people over running time and delaying the games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggested Tournement and Fundraiser Combined - 40k   Suggested Tournement and Fundraiser Combined - 40k Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggested Tournement and Fundraiser Combined - 40k
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dundee Wargames Club :: General Discussion :: Tournament and Events-
Jump to: