Dundee Wargames Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best place to be for table top based wargaming in Dundee, Scotland! Come along and enjoy a tasty beer while playing your favourite games! 18's and over only!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Salamander Spearhead force

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kramanal
kramanal

My Salamander Spearhead force Empty
PostSubject: My Salamander Spearhead force   My Salamander Spearhead force EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 5:24 pm

Thought you might be interested in some pics of a Salamander spearhead army I took to a campeign weekend a few years ago.
https://s766.photobucket.com/user/Kramanal/media/Kramanals%20Salamanders/P1110020.jpg.html?sort=3&o=11
https://s766.photobucket.com/user/Kramanal/media/Kramanals%20Salamanders/P1110019.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12
Force was:
Vulcan H'estan with 5 man termie squad(TL thunderhammers)
H'estan twin links Meltas, flamers and thunderhammers!
5 Tactical Squads, each TLMM Razorback Sgt with combimelta, MG marine, MM marine, 7 standard marines combat squaded.
Armoured Assault Spearhead
3 Sternguard squads each TLMM Razorback Sgt with Combimelta, 2 SG with Combimelta, 2 SG with MM, 1 SG with bolter
Tank Hunter Spearhead
3 TLMM Razorbacks
Crusher Spearhead
2 TLMM Razorbacks
Skyfall Spearhead
3 MM/MM Landspeeders

First move the Landspeeders deepstruck and attacked at least 1 tank, The Armoured spearhead outlanked and attacked whatever big thing was within 24 inches preferably a couple of tanks, Tankhunter and Crusher spearheads pickedup the unmounted combat squads. Usually the opponent was so panicked by the landspeeders that they would fire everything at them and any leftover shots at the outflanking armoured assault spearhead allowing the real tactical army to start to play from move 2. Sometimes I was lucky and the Sternguard units were not badly hurt, but even if destroyed both spearheads should have at least killed their points worth. 6 TLMM shots from the deepstriking Landspeeders, 3 TLMM shots from the Razorbacks, 6 TLMM ,9 TLcombimelta shots from the Sternguard.

Sorry for the long post but it was an interesting burny force.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Christoforou
Club Official
Club Official
Kevin Christoforou

PostSubject: Re: My Salamander Spearhead force   My Salamander Spearhead force EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Great stuff mate, hope to see it at the club soon.
Back to top Go down
kramanal
kramanal

PostSubject: Re: My Salamander Spearhead force   My Salamander Spearhead force EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 8:14 pm

Okay Kevin, I'll bring it along sometime, bit of a bugger to play now as GW/FW seem to have dropped MMrazors and spearhead seems to have been forgotten about, and Hestan has been nerfed, no more TL flamers, hammers and meltas as far as I can see. I'll play the army a few times but I don't think it will be competitive.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Christoforou
Club Official
Club Official
Kevin Christoforou

PostSubject: Re: My Salamander Spearhead force   My Salamander Spearhead force EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 10:25 pm

Hmm, the MM turret would be a straight forward enough kitbash to warrant doing though if you can be bothered with the faffing about.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Mactavish
Andrew Mactavish

PostSubject: Re: My Salamander Spearhead force   My Salamander Spearhead force EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 10:28 pm

no man he means the rules are gone. he has LOTS of MM razorbacks but GW have removed them as an option for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Steven Young
Admin
Admin
Steven Young

PostSubject: Re: My Salamander Spearhead force   My Salamander Spearhead force EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Hey guys, 

Posted in the other topic for Warhammer 40k discussion.

The rules Forgeworld and are contained within Vol 2: Second Edition of the Imperial Armour books.

Rename the razorback in the army builder list you make as they're 65pts standard (same as heavy bolter one).
Back to top Go down
kramanal
kramanal

PostSubject: Re: My Salamander Spearhead force   My Salamander Spearhead force EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:21 pm

Thanks Steven, might alternate between my 'Sallies and my 'Scars!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Salamander Spearhead force   My Salamander Spearhead force Empty

Back to top Go down

My Salamander Spearhead force
Page 1 of 1